Waking up to dark mornings again is a reminder that winter in Seattle is coming, so I decided to make a summer salad and cherish whatever afternoon sunshine that is left. I initially had this salad at a work event and adopted it at home. This is a fresh salad that will brighten your taste buds for sure… and it’s super easy!
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 cup dried couscous
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, minced
- 1 can/1 cup of mandarin oranges, minced
- 1/2 cucumber, minced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped (add more if desired!)
- Add the dried couscous to 1 1/4 cup boiling water. Cook until fluffy and set aside to cool.
- Mix the onion, mandarin oranges, cucumber, cilantro, and couscous.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
That’s it! 3 easy steps, and so delicious! Eat it with some protein or veggies and you’ve got yourself a quick meal.